Saturday 1 October 2016

Happy Birthday to Me



I am feeling a bit nostalgic after just celebrating a milestone birthday last month.  My day was quiet and wonderful spending it with my husband and our little dog "Ricky".  I received lots of birthday wishes, texts from my three beautiful granddaughters, a phone call from my son-in-law and lots of other messages on Facebook.  I feel truly blessed.

On that note, I decided to hold a Birthday Card class which turned out to be quite successful and inspired the card I am sharing with you today.  I featured the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the Butterflies thinlits.  I love clean and simple cards and this one is no exception.

The base card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) is Watermelon Wonder cardstock.  The layer on the card is Whisper White which measures 4 x 5 1/4.  I ran the Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot using the medium butterfly from the thinlits.  I used Watermelon Wonder to stamp the broken line across the bottom of the white layer and just above that I stamped the sentiment.  I adhered the white layer to the card base and placed the butterfly I had cut out into the outline of the butterfly on the card using glue dots.  The card, of course, has to have some bling, so I adhered small rhinestones down the center of the butterfly.  I finished the inside of the card with a white layer with a sentiment from the Better Together stamp set.  I also stamped two stars from that set emphasize the sentiment.






2 comments:

  1. After layer upon layer, embossed images, glimmer and glitz, it's refreshing to see something simple and non time-consuming. Very nice Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cheery & CAS card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete